Thursday, September 17, 2009

One Of My Favorite Past Times

Q: Do you know who that smexy elder gentleman is?
A: The 39th President of the United States of America, James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr.

Do you know what Jimmy Jam and I have in common? WE LIKE TO CALL OUT RACISTS. I'm just kidding, about President Carter that is. He was just giving America a much needed reality check. This "post-racial" society so many like to pretend we live in is just a figment of imagination. You see, unlike President Carter (who was merely pointing out the plausible idea of racism as a motivation behind some of Obama's harshest critics), I see calling our racists as a part-time hobby. Volunteer work. My civic duty. I think I should get a tax break for it.

I don't like racism and I don't like racists. Why would I? I'm black. Furthermore, I'm a woman. I hate prejudice of any kind. So, I take it on myself to highlight the ignorance of others. It's fun and I like to think I'm helping the world. Maybe every person I call a racist isn't a true racist as heart. Maybe no one ever called out their racist tendencies before. Maybe I'm making a difference. Because I don't go after the blatant, self-admitted racists... I don't have a problem with them. They're idiots but they're honest so my thoughts on them, "Carry on..." It's the undercover racists I target. Yes, I'm talking to you. You with the, "Well, I have a black friend and she's very educated. Not ghetto at all." You with the, "If a white person had done what Kanye did, the NAACP would have been all over this." You with the bad D.L. Hughley style white people jokes. You who still calls Asian people "Oriental." ARE THEY FUCKING RUGS? You who has a problem with Spanish speaking people speaking Spanish in public. You who who has not figured out the difference between Arab and Indian. You who can't possibly be racist because you voted for Barack Obama.

Yes, even if you have a "diverse" group of friends, you can still be a racist so be warned, if I hear you saying some ignorant shit out your mouth, I'm going to call you on it. If you follow the first offense up with more ignorance, I'll probably call you a racist. I don't care if we're friends, not friends, I don't even care if you're just commenting on my friend's Facebook status about Kanye West. If you exhibit racist behavior, I will not be silent.

Now, I know some people will argue that everyone is prone to be a little racist every now and then and that may be true but I think I know the difference. The number one sign of the closet racist: The person who brings race into situations where race isn't already an issue.

Examples:
1. The idiot I went off on today on Facebook because he felt that the NAACP would have been all over Tim McGraw if he did that to Macy Gray and that the NAACP is prone to double standards, just look at Michael Vick and Don Imus? What? Your attempts at hiding your racism are pathetic but nice try homey. What does any of this have to do with Kanye having a drunk, asshole moment?

2. My parent's son, the King of Ignorant Shit. "Ain't Taylor Swift a country singer? She should've got some of her redneck brothers or cousins to beat that nigga. Them good ol' boys would've lynched his ass. [laughs] Aye, Kanye a faggot for real." (Yes, we are black.) My brother is not only a racist on several levels, he's also a homophobe.

Anyway, as long as there is life in me and racists (homophobes/misogynists/prejudice people in general) are out there spewing hate, I will combat them with my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment